Tuesday, November 18, 2008

Fall Photos

Update:
It's snowed for about 10 minutes today, which would explain why Jack and I were so FREEZING on our little 2 mile walk this morning. I usually go walking then let him play at the park where we park our car. He played for about 3 minutes then came running to me saying, "Hold you mommy, Freezin!" That was my cue to put him in the car and drive home with the heat on high!!
-John is busy at school, preparing for the hard month ahead... finals. Yuck! He made it to the quarter finals of moot court and those round will be held sometime in Jan/Feb. Congrats babe. With all thats going on, he still spends a considerable about of time with us! Obviously, some weeks will be worse than others, but he's so good at balancing daddy time, wife time, church time and school. He's pretty much the coolest guy I know.
-Jack sings all the time. Most of his songs are to the tune of ABC/twinkle twinkle. Why are those the same tune? Jack gets so confused... He's still cute as ever and I can't kiss him enough times in the day. He doesn't cry any more when he wakes up from his nap or in the morning. He simply just calls for me until I come get him! "Mommy...Mom? All done! Get out!" This morning he called out for Daddy (that made John VERY happy considering he's been the one getting him up and ready the past couple mornings... thanks hun).
-I'm 21 weeks along and feeling great (most of the time). I can't believe I'm half way done. Time goes by way too quickly. Baby is kicking lots, which is perhaps my favorite part of pregnancy. Due date is still on for April 1st, 2009 and I'm getting so excited for the holidays I can hardly stand it.


So... maybe I should have done a slideshow for this post! I didn't realize how many pics there were. Last week we took pictures around Duke campus and Jack did pretty well for the most part. I was playing around with my camera's settings and it wasn't until I got home that I realized that most of the pics I took were all fuzzy. Darn it! Oh well, besides that, he was in major need of a haircut! So, I uploaded the pics and gave him a haircut, and he's still the cutest kid around.













I think everyone should live on the east coast some time in their life. We love it here. The colors are like nothing I've ever seen in my life. (Granted I did grow up in Mesa, AZ where there are pretty much 2 seasons: HOT and bearable.) Need less to say, we love the fall in Durham, NC!

12 comments:

AmyLyn said...

LOVE the fall colors. Jack is so beautiful, Mel. I could look at him all day. So glad you have sweet pics of the whole fam bamily. Those pictures made me homesick for you, especially since it's a holiday picture. BTW, your hair looks to die for, and your pretty face doesn't even look pregnant! Happy fall! Wish I was spending Thanksgiving with you! Love you

Anonymous said...

BTW, your hais is to die for!! And I love the fall colors too! I love the close-ups you take... so cute! I ordered a REALLY cool collage of those pict. you took at the cabin of my girls!! I can't wait to pick it up from Costco. It'll make you cry it's so awesome!! Love you

Brittany said...

Melanie, you look gorgeous! And you got some great shots!! Fall does look beautiful over there! Does it last longer, or did it just start later than it did over here? I wonder... Sure love ya!

Spencer and Amy said...

So cute! The leaves are gorgeous! You have such a cute family :)

Kelly Peterson said...

hey we are doing Christmas cards and need your address please e-mail me your address... kellyfillmore@hotmail.com

Greg & Andrea said...

Those are really cute pictures and I like your hair. You cut it didn't you? It looks sooo good and I bet it's a lot easier to take of.

Nicole said...

Wow, those pictures are priceless. They are so beautiful!!! And Jack's sentences are so cute!!

Brianne & Jarod said...

Oh am I missing those colors...the cool air...the chance to wear sweaters...long sleeves...hats...(yes I/and Ike are wearing SHORTS today!) I LOVE the pic of you and Jack..You LOOK BEAUTIFUL MEL! Seriously!! Glad to hear that you are getting plenty of time with John too...how I miss the school days! What a cute family :)

Chelsey Howard said...

The pictures look gorgeous! I love all the changing colors of the leaves:) You look so great in these pic. as well as your whole family! I'm glad your starting to feel better:)

Jenica Ostler said...

Mel, you look gorgeous! Your hair is adorable, and you have the cutest little family ever. I cant wait till the other little guy joins you! Sure love you!

Soelbergs said...

okay - you're gorgeous! And so is your BEAUTIFUL little Jack! I REALLY miss the fall!!!

Kathryn Olsen said...

WOW look at the colors! You don't know what you're missing till you see it! It's beautiful! What fun beautiful pictures to illustrate it! And what a handsome little man, soon to be big brother! FUN Stuff. Have a Merry Christmas!