Tuesday, June 29, 2010

Jack the swimmer...

We put Jack in swimming lessons this summer. I had him signed up for group lessons, but when the lady called with news of canceling the class due to low enrollment, we started searching out other options. She recommended private lessons and since we weren't a "member" of the pool they ended up being almost the same price. So, we went for it!

Lesson #1 put his face completely under the water
Lesson #2 used a kick board and swam across the pool with teacher at his side
Lesson #3 float on his back and got out of the pool all by himself
Lesson #4 swam across the entire pool by himself
Lesson #5 dove into the pool... off of the block!
Jack LOVED his swimming coach, Ryan (to say the least).
Jumping into the pool and swimming to his teacher!
I'm not sure what's going on here, but I can only guess... Jack negotiating some brilliant plan to get out of something he doesn't want to do.
floating on his back
always so much fun!!

Don't forget, Jonah and I were there as well. While Jack was doing his lessons, we did a little playing/swimming of our own!!



We had a great time this summer at Hope Valley Farms pool. Almost every single morning we would pack a lunch, swim, then come home and take naps!! Jonah became (a little too) comfortable with the water, I got a nice tan and Jack became completely independent in the pool. Hooray for summer days!!!

No comments: