Wednesday, November 10, 2010

It came!!

Better than Christmas!! John received his diploma a few days ago. He graduated Magna Cum Laude which for those of you not familiar with all that "smart" terminology that means that he graduated in the top 10% of his class!!! The graduating class was about 200 people so John is up there with only 20 other people.

When I got married I had NO idea how brilliant of a man I was marrying. Seriously, he's stinkin smart :)



We're all pretty proud around here. He has an awesome stamp on his diploma that says, "Magna cum Laude"

When we found out months ago that John was graduating with honors the boys and I gave him the nickname SUMO because he is our top SUMA cum laude!! ( SUMA cum laude is the top 1% of the class). Every time we called him that, he could laugh and say, "I'm NOT a SUMA". So, SUMO (wrestler) was John's name for quite a while :)
The only thing we're waiting for now are the BAR exam results coming November 19th at 6:00pm

6 comments:

Janelle Dobson said...

Congrats!!!! What an accomplishment for ALL of you! I always kinda thought that when your spouse graduates then you ought to get some honorary degree as well because we all know you put in a lot of work and time helping him out so he could do it. Anyway- congrats! And good luck with the barr!

The Harrises said...

Way to go! That is quite an accomplishment. I had know idea my hometeacher was so smart. I would have put him to work.

Greg & Andrea said...

Way to go John! Those Gochnour boys are pretty smart aren't they?

Katie B. said...

Hooray! I'll be holding my breath with you while you wait for the results... by far the worst part of the whole process! Hope all is well. xoxo

Brianne & Jarod said...

Nice Job John!!

Monica said...

Very, very impressive. What a great feeling to be DONE and to have done it so well! We're so happy for you guys!