I found a few posts from a while ago that I never finished... so I'm taking you back to November!
John is on Duke's moot court board and had a competition in Richmond, VA the weekend before Thanksgiving. He headed up there with his team Thursday morning and the boys and I came up Friday afternoon. The boys slept the entire 2 hours up there and Harry Potter's (Deathly Hallow) on cd kept me great company :-)
It was too cold and dark when we got there to do anything so we put on our swimsuits and went down to the hotel (heated) pool with Daddy before he had to go down to a banquet event that evening.

After baths, PJ's and bed time stories, there was a knock on our door. House keeping brought us cookies and milk and this is Jack's
"Please Mommy" face. How could I resist??

The next morning John was off to another round of competitions. He's so handsome.

This was the view outside our hotel room...

and this was the view inside our hotel room! Jonah was on his thrown.

While Daddy was in his tournament, I took the boys out to explore Richmond!!

We went to the capitol and learned about the Indians who first settled in the Richmond area. They had a
Tepee and this canoe was a huge hit!

" I'm so strong like these guys mom!"

Jack stood by this tree and asked me to take his picture.





showing mommy how he knows all of his ABC'S!

Thank
goodness there was an elevator!!

After John was done, he and his dad met up with us at the capitol.




That building behind them is the US Courts of Appeals... where John's competition was.


We went to this beautiful park and threw a tennis ball and ate awesome
hotdogs.

Jack watched the leaves fall.

and I snuggled Jonah!

We went to the "American Civil War Center"

the boys were showing me how big the cannon was!

Just 5 years ago I was living with beautiful girl at
BYU!! I love you Mandie. Oh we had some good times. I will forever LOVE "The Front Door" our little white house full of 6 amazing, single, fun, hot (if I do say so myself!!) girls! I LOVED college...it was so fun!! We hadn't seen each other FOREVER so it was a blast getting caught up.

The offspring!

Look what 5 years can bring!! Love you Mandie and David :-)
Overall... a fabulous weekend in Richmond, VA. We will miss you east coast falls!
4 comments:
Okay, seriously. I don't think you can teach a 3-yr-old (2 at the time) to be that photogenic. Where the heck does he get his little glam glam faces from? And Jonah just sits there, dreamy-eyed begging for someone to kiss him simply by his facial expression...so cute. What a fun trip. It was fun to see Mandy and her family in that picture!
I haven't seen mandy forever!! Are they in Richmond? I just signed up for a marathon down there in November so if they are there, I will have to go see them!! Your boys are just beyond cute, Mel. Good work!!! :)
You and your family are beautiful! It's so fun to see all the things you're up to.
the second I saw the pic of John and his dad, without reading the caption, I thought - that HAS to be John's dad. I said the same thing about Ted's parents when I first met them, but now i can't see it. Weird, huh?
Post a Comment