My wonderful sister, AmyLyn came to help with Jonah a few days after my mom left. John was studying for finals and not home a whole lot so we're so glad Amy came when she did. It was so fun to have her here for Easter. I love to be with family on holidays. Anyway, here's a quick recap of what we did.

Easter Egg Hunting!...

Sabrina got to come and while she was here she: ate food (amazed at how much she can pack down), winked at anyone she saw (isn't she so cute), and ran away from Jack's outbursts of anger, misplacement, and uncertainty...

Lets just say that the two of them didnt' get along as well as we had hoped. Jack was still very insecure and new to the whole idea that little brother was intruding in his home, so he took out all of his aggression on sweet Sabrina. Sorry Jack was a little rough on you, but we're so glad you came!

Even though Texas has delicious BBQ there, we had to introduce Amy to NC BBQ. Thank you Q-Shack for satisfying my husband's cravings that I denied him while I was pregnant. (I couldn't stand the smell, thought, or taste of NC BBQ but John wanted it every weekend). As soon as Jonah was born John realized, "YES!! Now I can eat Q Shack!!" Jonah sat on my shoulder like this the entire dinner. He put his little arms/hands like that all by himself. I love him.
Durham's pollen count is one of the highest in the country during the month of April (because there are so many trees). While Amy was here it was SO bad. We left our camping chair outside, then it rained, and this is what we found... a puddle of pollen! Pollen gets everywhere. We went to the park for a few hours and my diaper bag was covered in "yellow dust" when we got home.

This is one of my favorite pictures we took when we went to Duke Gardens on Easter Sunday.


I love my sista!

We took the kids to the museum of life and science here in Durham while they were here. It's free on Wed. afternoons for all Durham residents so we go lots! Jack and Sabrina are intrigued by the little alligators in this picture.

Learning all about "clouds"

Then we went to the butterfly house.

and found lots of butterflies...

Thanks Amy and Sabrina for coming to North Carolina. We loved having you and are sooooo thankful for all your help while you were here. I couldn't have done it without you.
No comments:
Post a Comment