Saturday, September 5, 2009

May in AZ

John left May 4th and drove across the country with his mom. I left May 6th and flew across the country with the boys (thanks Lauri for the ride to that airport). What took him 4 days took me 4 hours. Thank you Wright Brothers! I was a little nervous to fly alone with the 2 boys but the flight went surprisingly well. Jack slept for 2 hours of the flight and Jonah was happy the whole time and took a few naps along the way. Over all a success.

First things first, getting reaquanted with the cousins! Jack hasn't seen then since September 2008.
Jack, Spencer, Parker
Kennedi and Jack LOVE each other.

playing dumptrucks in the rain... what could be better?
playing cars in the tub!!
Sabrina waiting for Jack to come down the slide.

Random Story from our time in AZ:
John and I went to the temple and left the boys to be babysat by whomever was going to be at mom's house. NOTE: Jack is very observant, smart, and experimental. Because of this, when he's not watched closely, he can get into a lot mischief. He notices grown ups and sometimes wants to be one! Somehow he and Sabrina were very quietly sitting in the sewing room. Jack found AmyLyn's embroidery scissors (used for very fine detail, so VERY sharp) and apparently he decided to take a nice snip out of Sabrina's ear lobe. The kids doesn't even know how to hold scissors let alone have the fine motor skills to make a perfect snip in someone's ear. I'm so glad his curiosity didn't lead to more blood and serious injury. Next time it could be an eyeball!! I hope it heals shut so she can some day get her ears pierced...


Enjoying the fruits of G&G Soelberg's backyard!

blackberries...
grapefruit...
watermelon...
Jack has always had a special bond with Uncle Marky. He wouldn't leave his side all day. They were doing their Saturday chores getting ready for mother's day.

Happy Mother's Day! My mom is very loved :-) I gave her this "Blessed" decoration because we are so blessed to have her as our mom! John threw a blanket over my paren't vacuum and told me I could get a vacuum when we got back to Durham! I was so excited...
Jack enjoyed watching Ashlyn practice the piano for AZ study program. He could see all the keys moving in the grand piano and would point and say, "Look how fast mommy... the go like this, whoosh!"
Then we enjoyed all the usualy May activities such as t-ball games, dance recitals, and chorus performances.
This was my paren'ts LAST choir concert at POSTON!! 13 kids later... I'm pretty sure Poston will miss our sweet vocals :-)
Then we went to Mtn. View's broadway concert. It was SOOOO fun. Choral did CATS... and Grandma Ray thought it was scary!! Isn't she so funny? Her face is classic :-)

Ashy put on an excellent performance in both CATS (with Choral) and JOSEPH and... Dream Coat (with Encore). It was a very long evening, but always worth it.
Jana, Me, Amber, Ashlyn, Amy and Mom
AmyLyn was here 2 weeks before the wedding and spent most of her waking hours making Amber's wedding dress... every last detail! It looked amazing. Way to go Ame.
Amber's friends put on a FABulous bridal shower for her. It was so much fun... JaNae gave her this board "Happily Ever After". So true :-) We watched a darling video with her fiance Niel answering all kinds of questions about their courtship, then her kids and his kids all said what they were most excited about them getting married. It was so sweet to hear all of their responses. We're so happy she married such a wonderful man. She deserves it--
Beware: The next six days might make you dizzy...
Wed. May 20th, 2009Then my parent's held on their traditional "graduation/year book signing party". They always do it right after seminary graduation. Before the party started (and before all 150 kids started parading into my paren'ts house) Jack got into the candy (notice no eye contact)! It was a crazy night and the smell of permanent markers, teenaged boys, rootbeer floats and hot tamales wasnt' really doing it for me so John and I went to watch the Americal Idol finale at Marriott's house.

Thurs. May 21st, 2009
Then it was GRADUATION NIGHT!!
Isn't she beautiful? My mom made that darling yellow dress (along with all the bridesmaids dresses, and wedding plans, and graduation parties, and family coming in town...)
We had a graduation/last day of school party at my parent's house right before Ashy had to leave. We ate lots of pizza's and bean dip. Mikayla's 8th birthday was that same day. Whenever a grandkid has a birthday, my parent's pull out the "Birthday Jar". How ever many coins they can pull out, they get to keep. Happy bday Mickickinit!!
Jonah just being cute!
I went to lunch with one of my best friends of 10+years earlier that day and I invited her to come to "the madness" (aka party) that night. Sure enough, she came over to see the fam and wish Ashy good luck. I love you Elyse... I'm so sad we didn't even take one pic together :-( What's up with that? She's sitting right next to Jonah in this picture does that count?...
We sat through the pouring rain the entire graduation ceremony and we cheered REALLY loud when they called Ashy's name :-) Why did I even do my hair... or makeup?
The gang: Jenica, Me, John, Mark, Amy, Ash, Jaren, Mom, Dad

Friday May 22nd, 2009
We had a big dinner the night before the wedding. All of Amber's kids, Neil's kids, Neil's bros and sisters, Amber's bros and sisters (all 13 and spouses- minus Michael due to car problems), then parents. Lots of people, lots of fun. We gave them their wedding present that night... a 16x20 sepia canvas family picture of all the "M&M's" (Maughans and Moffetts)
Saturday May 23, 2009
It was a beautiful wedding day. We're so happy to have Neil in our family.

Sunday May 24, 2009
Jonah's blessing day
Dave, Gpa Ray, Jason, John & Jonah, Dad, Jaren, McKay, Al
(bishop LeBaron was presiding but stepped out before I snapped a pic)
It was a beautiful day and we're so glad Jonah Ray Gochnour is part of our family.
John's mom and younger sister drove all the way down from Burley, ID for the blessing. We're so glad you guys came. It was even more special because it was Suzanne's birthday. So fun to share that special day.
Hailey Dawn and Jack. John's mom and sister provided a delicious lunch for my entire family right before the blessing. Uncle Steven (Suzanne's brother), Aunt Joni, and Megan got to come as well (they live in PHX). We went over to their house later that night for Suzanne's bday celebration.

snake blankets!! Jack thought they were so cool! I agree...

Who GIVES presents on their birthday? Suzanna does! She made these darling quilts for the boys. (jonah's is yellow)

Monday May 25, 2009

Memorial Day: We're headed to CALIFORNIA...

and I wondered why I didn't have more time to see friends?... Next time :-)

No comments: