Tuesday, November 3, 2009

NC state FAIR!!

"Welcome to the 2009 Raleigh State Fair"
Dinner that night consisted of:
Deep fried onion
Deep fried hotdog
Deep fried twinkie
Funnel cake (also deep fried)
Roasted corn (submerged in butter)
..."I can actually hear us getting fatter"...

since it's our last year in NC, we just had to come to the fair one last time
word of advice: never come on a Saturday. There were SO many people there. It's the only day we could go because John left the next day to Utah for a week...
"please will you share a bite with me dad? It looks so good!"
I was sitting there sharing my corn with Jack when the lady that worked there came around back and gave Jack his very own cob! She winked at him and said, "anything for those eyes!"

that's right... welcome to the south, where EVERYTHING is fried!!
Honestly... not all that it was cracked up to be. I personally liked the deep fried (snickers) candy bars WAY better than the Twinkie
Little John Deere tractor icecream makers! The wheels turned and it churns the icecream.
corndog... a little too hot!
Blue ribbon watermelon... 211 lbs
The pig races were so popular, we had to stand on top of this truck to see anything. Jack was in heaven. As far as he was concerned, he was standing on "MACK" from the movie CARS.
I love wearing Jonah in the baby bjourn because this is what I see every time I look down at him!
Largest pumpkin: 376 lbs
this sign made me laugh...
Also, this past week we got a library book about cows (sounds, body parts, milk/meat etc). So, while we were walking past all the mommy/baby cows a light bulb went off as Jack recognized a familiar body part... He exclaimed, "Wow, look at the udders!" I quickly acknowledged his comment (trying to keep him from yelling any louder). Of course many heads around us turned but luck would have it, John didn't hear him so Jack exclaimed again (even louder), "Dad, check out those udders!!" Then heads really turned... and I hid my face in complete humiliation!

We'll miss you NC state fair...

1 comment:

AmyLyn said...

Okay, I just die laughing every time I see your Jonah smiling in EVERY picture...is he ever unhappy? What a dream!! I can totally imagine a dog walking by or a bird stealing a bread crumb and he's probably just smiling away at everything he sees! That fair looks so fun and so fattening.